Yabal is an artisan organization and social enterprise based in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala supporting rural indigenous communities in the Western Highlands through the Yabal fair trade textile store and social enterprise, and a variety of social programs focused on women’s empowerment, food security, the environment, and education.
Our most important social program is our textile social enterprise, which currently employs over 60 rural women weavers and artisans. We collaborate with international designers and brands to create unique, handwoven textile accessories for their customers. Yabal prides ourselves on high quality craftsmanship, ethical production practices, and visible positive impact in our artisans’ lives.
The Sales and Marketing Coordinator is in charge of managing customer relations and production orders, explaining product offerings and production practices, maintaining clear and timely communication. They are also in charge of social media posts, monthly newsletters, website text and blog articles, and pursuing new sales and marketing channels in order to generate more product sales and wholesale customers.
The ideal candidate will be bilingual (English in Spanish) with excellent written and spoken communication skills, with experience in customer service, marketing, fundraising, or sales. They should be able to navigate cross-cultural work relationships and be passionate about supporting women artisans in Guatemala.
Yabal has a small administrative staff and this role will work very closely with the Production Coordinator and Director of the organization to coordinate orders and social programs. The ideal candidate should be independently motivated, creative, and work well on a team.
· Customer relationship building and sales: communicate clearly and effectively with both local and international customers to coordinate textile sales, payments, and generate new business for the social enterprise
· Coordinate customer orders with production staff
· Website maintenance including text and writing blogs
· Monthly newsletter
· Answering email inquiries
· Social Media updates on Facebook and Instagram
· Taking photos and videos of artisans for marketing
· Seek out new opportunities for sales channels and marketing opportunities
· Bilingual, Spanish and English
· Excellent writing skills
· Personable and good communicator
· Responsible, hard worker, independent
· Creative, resourceful, and proactive
· Experience in Customer Service and/or donor relations
· Knowledge of Guatemalan textiles or interest in learning
· Experience living and working in Guatemala
· Savvy in the use of Excel, Google suite, zoom, and a variety of other computer applications
· Passion for social service and artisan work
For the right candidate, we are open to negotiating a flexible work schedule and offer the possibility of some remote work combined with in-person.
Salary range Q5,000-6,000 with full benefits according to Guatemalan law.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.